I am continually amazed by the quality of free resources when it comes to Data Science, whether software (R, RapidMiner, Hadoop…) or learning materials (there are some excellent YouTube tutorials I’ll have to post about soon). Here, in no particular order, are the best free books on various Data Science-related topics that I have been able to find.
Most of these wouldn’t be considered introductory material, with the possible exception of “The Elements of Statistical Learning” or maybe “An Introduction to Statistical Learning with Applications in R.” Even those would be a stretch.
Some of these are textbooks, some are PDFs, and some are online-only. Enjoy.
- An Introduction to Statistical Learning with Applications in R
- Machine Learning
- Probabilistic Programming & Bayesian Methods for Hackers
- Think Bayes, Bayesian Statistics Made Simple
- Data Mining and Analysis, Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms
- Modeling with Data
- Bayesian Reasoning and Machine Learning
- Information Theory, Inference and Learning Algorithms
- Mining of Massive Datasets
- The Elements of Statistical Learning
- A Course in Machine Learning
Again, this list is just what I’ve come across. Please feel free to leave links to others in the comments area below.